Winter is coming and its time to get the garden ready! Here are some simple tips to keep you busy in the garden over Autumn!
1. PLANT - Autumn is ideal for planting, temperatures have cooled but the soil is still warm
2. PRUNE - Pruning improves the health and appearance of trees. It should only be carried out on deciduous trees when they are fully dormant.
3. FERTILIZE YOUR LAWN - fertiliser protects your lawn through the winter months. Mow on a higher setting and look out for winter grass.
4. PLANT BULBS - choose a spot with plenty of sunlight
5. MULCH - this helps hold in moisture and keeps down weeds. Take care around the trunks to prevent fungal disease or rot.
6. ROSES - fertilize early Autumn for that final flush of flowers.